Wednesday, January 2, 2008

I hate you, reality dating shows!!!

So Tila Tequilla is getting a second shot at love with MTV. It scored boffo ratings so in a way, this should come as no surprise. However, even though I know it's MTV which often mixes insincere intentions with shameless sluttery, I really wanted to believe in Tila's love. Initially, I heard there would be no second season b/c Tila found true love and happiness. I found that to be refreshing but now they say it was just a ploy to hold out for more money. This is very frustrating b/c you almost never find Asian women on TV so I wanted to support that whore Tila in her identity quest. But now I hear all these rumors that she has a longtime boyfriend, isn't bisexual, and didn't even give Bobby her phone number after she picked him. I mean what on earth! At least pretend like you are sort of interested before breaking up in time to announce the second season of your show. I didn't care one way or the other for Bobby (Team Dani!!) but I still feel bad for the guy b/c he seemed to genuinely care about Tila unless that was all a facade too!

There is a second season of "Rock of Love" as well. F you Bret Michaels, I'm so pissed off at him too. I mean obviously he wants nothing but a good time but that was one of the few times that I watched a really bad reality dating show on cable where a nice girl got picked. Jes was refreshingly normal and level headed and I was impressed that she was picked. Now I read that he only called her once in the 6 months after the show to invite her to come to one of his performances but he also invited 2 other "Rock of Love" alum as well. Jes said it was clear Bret wasn't interested but it was okay b/c she wasn't into him either. She was just exhausted from the mind games and being cooped up in the house all day. Jes also claims on VH1.com that she never had sex with Bret as does Heather interestingly enough. I was very surprised at this. What were they doing on their overnight dates then? I thought if I couldn't count on real romantic feelings and a foundation of respect and mutual admiration, I could at least depend on cheap, casual sex. Especially from a *cough* rock star. So if the hookups are fake and the love is fake, why do I keep wasting my time on this crap?!

No comments: