Thursday, April 2, 2009

Now I can eat like Liz Lemon

I am a huge "30 Rock" fan. I'm also a huge food fan. So when there was an episode where sandwiches played a pivotal role, I was really intrigued. I'm not going to bother explaining the episode for you, you can read about it below but I will say that I always figured the sandwich shop either a) never existed or b) was a real place in Queens that I would never find (b/c I seem to recall the teamsters got the sandwiches from Queens in the context of the episode). Regardless, I was using my Google Reader today and I came upon this gem on "Serious Eats"! The source of the infamous roast beef sandwich with dipping sauce that led Liz to declare that she could have it all while clearly kind of choosing a sandwich over love? Fiore's in Hoboken! And I live in Hoboken! And I once considered going to get a sandwich there! This is truly kismet. I will follow up this posting with an in-depth review of said sandwich but I was just so excited to find this information out after basically giving up all hope of finding out the source of this sandwich.

http://newyork.seriouseats.com/2009/04/the-sandwich-from-30-rock-sandwich-day-episode-fiores-hoboken-new-jersey.html

No comments: